Most of the serums out there, especially the ones that are water-based emulsions, that we tend to reach for have very less percentage of actives and most of what you hold dearly in your hand is just made of water and other fillers. By this, we mean that it lacks the ingredients in the concentrations that can do wonders for our skin.
Also, ingredients in most serums target only one specific concern. However, our Rejuvenating Serum, 100% active, preservative-free, multi-correctional is a skincare game-changer. This facial oil is rich in skin-loving lipids, antioxidants, flavonoids, and nutrients (Vitamins E, C, and B), helps skin microcirculation and delivers nutrients to the deeper layers for a rejuvenated and radiant skin.
Let us guide you through these various skin related concerns, and how these 21 active natural botanicals present in our Rejuvenating Serum help combat them single-handedly.
As we age, or if we have dry skin, our skin tends to lose the ability to retain water. It needs oils that help in moisture retention and acts as a barrier to water loss. Some of these are:
- Tamanu Seed Oil: Deeply moisturising, this oil can lighten scars, reduce stretch marks, age spots and help psoriasis.
- Carrot Seed Oil: This miracle oil prevents free radical damage and prevents sun damage to the delicate skin barrier. It can also help in soothing the skin.
- Avocado Oil: High in oleic acid, it helps the skin retain moisture and clears acne and blackheads. It can also help in treating eczema and softens your skin.
- Sweet Almond Seed oil: Rich in anti-oxidants, it promotes cell growth and cleans clogged pores gently.
2. Soothing, anti-inflammatory ingredients For sensitive, acne-prone, dry skin, finding the right mixture of ingredients can be tough, as there is a lack of skin barrier to keep the skin supple. Some of the ingredients that help are:
- Marigold Extract: This ingredient helps to soothe the skin. It also helps in keeping your skin soft and hydrated.
- Liquorice Extract: Helps in fighting hyperpigmentation and free radical damage which causes the skin barrier to weaken.
- Rose Extract: This cools the skin, adds a wonderful aroma to the formulation, and reduces the appearance of fine lines.
For oily and combination skin, the main concern is oil control. Here are some ingredients that help:
- Manjista Root Extract: Calms the skin and prevents roughness of the skin.
- Geranium Flower Oil: It can reduce acne, inflammation, and balance hormones, which makes it a beautiful ingredient by itself.
- Frankincense Oil: This helps in protecting the skin cells. It helps with acne blemishes and reduces the appearance of large pores.
To help combat pigmentation, here are four powerful ingredients:
- Ashwagandha Extract: It can slow down the aging process and give your skin a youthful look and feel.
- Sandalwood Extract: Called Nature’s astringent, sandalwood acts as an antiseptic and prevents the formation of acne causing bacteria. It also helps in maintaining the complexion of the skin.
- Atibala Root Extract: This in antimicrobial and helps in reducing the appearance of pimples and boils on the face. It also acts as a natural cleanser.
- Citrus Reticulata Fruit Extract: Helps in cell turnover and hyperpigmentation. The vitamin c provides a natural glow to the face.
Acne prone skin needs ingredients that are rich in linoleic acid. For example:
- Vitis Vinifera Seed oil: This oil is a miracle that works when nothing else does. It helps with moisture levels, prevents breakouts, has tons of vitamin e, and has a low comedogenic rating.
- Rice Bran Oil: This oil that is loaded with vitamin e and fatty acids prevent the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It also moisturizes deeply.
These ingredients mimic the skin’s natural process, acting as a skin barrier. Skin's sebum is made of 30% waxy ester. This is similar to sebum-mimicking botanicals such as Jojoba and avocado. We have consciously chosen these ingredients so that our skin believes the serum to be part of itself.7. Nutrient-rich & Antioxidant-rich skincare
Every skin type requires micronutrients that nourish, as well as antioxidants that protect from free-radical damage. Some Nutrient-dense botanicals are:
- Turmeric Extract: This is an anti-inflammatory, skin friendly ingredient that calms and cures minor abrasions in the skin.
- Centella Asiatica Extract: This is Nature’s answer for anti-aging. This helps in keeping the skin hydrated and fights premature aging.
- Neem Extract: Of course, Indians worship the neem for its antibacterial and antifungal properties through and throughout. It cleans the skin and helps in keeping acne away.
- Sea Buckthorn: Popular in green beauty as the Healing Herb, this was used in ancient Tibetan medicine to aid in healing the skin. It is full of antioxidants and beta carotene.