Detox your skin
Just like the detoxification of the body, the skin also needs to be detoxed every now and then, especially when our fast-paced lifestyle and chemicals we are exposed to, are damaging our skin. The skin is always eliminating the toxins from your body, and it needs the care to do so in a healthy way. Just like any other organ in the body, the skin has specific needs and wants.
How do you determine if your skin needs a detox?
- Your skin will start looking dull and uncared for. Dry skinned people will see more dry patches, and oily skinned people will see a lot more oil.
- Your skin will have unevenness on the face. It may be due to acne, or even due to sun exposure.
- Wrinkles can appear out of nowhere and further emphasise the dullness of the skin.
- Your skin may feel bumpy, acne prone, and even dry at times.
If you notice some of these or all of these signs (oily skin can have dry patches too), it’s your body telling you that you need to take care of yourself.
Luckily, there are simple steps that you can take to rejuvenate and clear away those toxins from your skin.
- Cleansing: The first step to good skin is cleansing. Wash your face at least twice a day using a mild, pH balanced and paraben free face wash that can clean and hydrate your skin without leaving it greasy. But make sure you do not overdo, because excessive cleansing can strip the skin of essential oils and leave it dry and inflamed. Our Active Botanical Face wash is lush with botanical extracts like rose and rosemary to add soothing coolness and calm any irritation while orange and Gotu kola act as the glow booster.
- Pamper your skin with DIY face masks: A good face mask can do wonders to clean your face. Your kitchen ingredients have great capability to suck out the impurities from your skin pores and unclog them, so you don’t need to do a whole lot when it comes to finding great face masks except apply it. Look from these high-performance DIY face masks suiting to your need, and relax while it does the job for you.
- Hydrate Harder: Drinking more water will keep your cells hydrated, making your skin softer and smoother as well. Drinking even plain warm water every hour throughout a week is great if you are planning to detox your skin. However, take care not to overdo it, as excessive warm water can leave you feeling bloated.
- Exercise: Everyone should get into the habit of exercising, especially if you are planning to detox your skin. Exercising helps to open up your skin pores and provides a healthy glow to your face. It drains out the toxins from your skin and your system through sweat.
- Moisturize: Moisturizing is one step that you should always swear by for all its skin loving benefits. One of the most common myth is that if you have oily or acne-prone skin you should keep your moisturizer at bay. That’s not true! You can possibly have dehydrated yet oily skin. And the more dehydrated your skin is, the more oil it will produce to lubricate your skin cells. Every time after you cleanse your face, make sure you moisturize it well. Our non-acnegenic Eternal Youth Phytonutrient Moisturizer is rich in antioxidants, and flavonoid phytochemical which removes bacteria, curb breakouts and leave your skin youthful and hydrated.
When it comes to skin, most of us are super aware of it. Since it is present at all times, we take time and invest in its care, as it can give us confidence and happiness. Which is why here at Daughter Earth we really emphasize on a good skincare routine. Not only does it give you a few moments to relax with your own selves, but also, it helps to exfoliate the toxins from your skin and refresh circulation.