With the advances in Scientific and medical research, people have become more aware of the harmful effects of chemical based beauty and health treatments. One of the most valuable discoveries for mankind is the Marigold plant which is enriched with brilliant skincare benefits. It has been effectively utilized for over centuries by many civilizations.
The bright yellow flower is also known as Tagetes Erecta and is a common sight in many household gardens. But apart from planting it is widely used in herbal medicines and treatments. Marigold can thrive in any kind of soil and is mostly found in parts of Europe, Western Asia, and the United States. Its bright yellow petals are dried, crushed and used in medicines and essential oils.
Skin Benefits of Marigold
The skin is the first part of the body which gets exposed to extreme conditions of dust and pollution. Not all of us can spend money on expensive skin remedies and we require an inexpensive easy solution. Marigold is considered one of those effective remedies which can cure skin related problems. Here are some of the ways Marigolds benefit skin:
Wounds and Burns: Tinctures and Ointments made out of Marigold extract can promote healing of slow -healing burns and wounds and provide a soothing effect on the skin.
- Helps to cure redness and irritated skin: Daily exposure to harmful pollutants and environmental stressors can lead to redness and irritation of the skin. Marigold has anti-inflammatory properties which can act as an instant reliever for irritated skin.
- Helps reduce the appearance of Acne and Pimples: The use of marigold infused face masks and creams can help in reducing acne and pimples from your skin and provide it an everlasting glow.
- Skin Diseases: Marigold is known for its anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties which can aid in the healing process of Dermatitis, genital infections and other forms of skin diseases. Ointments and washes made out marigold extract are the most common herbal products for curing such conditions.
- Dry and Flaky Skin: A combination of coconut oil and marigold extract can be applied to dry skin and chapped lips for a soft and supple appearance.
- Provides glowing Skin: Marigold has great anti-oxidant properties and natural minerals which can impart a natural glow to your otherwise dull and dark skin.
Moisturizing Agent: Tagetes contains organic oils necessary for skin hydration. It also accelerates the production of collagen inside the skin leading to tighter and radiant skin.
Aids in curing Eczema: It is also considered a natural healer for reducing effects of Eczema.
Properties of Marigold: It has the following properties:
- Helps to eliminate dandruff
- Aids in relaxation of muscle pain
Health Benefits of Marigold:
Marigold is a beautiful flower which can provide relief from multiple health problems such as:
Digestive Problems: Marigold infused tonics and portions can provide a natural cure to varied digestion problems such as stomach ulcers, chronic gastritis and constipation.
- Can help to improve brain related conditions: The anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties of Marigold can make it a healing agent for brain problems such as Brain Hemorrhage.
- Can help in curing cancer: Medicinal products enriched with marigold extracts can inhibit the growth of cancer cells in individuals and also slow the deterioration process.
- Menstrual Problem: Research indicates that Marigold can reduce the occurrence of menstrual cramps among women and ease irregular blood flow.
- Helps in removing Dandruff from Scalp: Dandruff is the result of an irritated and dry scalp. It is the creation of white skin flakes in between the roots of the scalp. This condition can be cured through regular massage and application of Marigold infused Olive or coconut oil on the dry scalp.
- Conjunctivitis: Research indicates that Marigold contains active agents which make it a natural cytotoxic agent. Due to this property it can help to reduce inflammation of the eyes caused by conjunctivitis. Marigold infused liquids can be used as eye wash to cure and soothe irritable eyes.
- Ear Infection: Ear drops containing extracts of Marigold can provide relief to small children suffering from bacterial ear infections.
- Can help to cure cough, cold and fever: Marigold infused tonics and syrups can be used cure cough, cold and fever which in turn boosts the overall immunity of the body.
- Diarrhea and Liver disorders: It can also cure diarrhea and Liver disorders.
- Breathing problem: A few drops of Marigold oil can be used during vapor therapy for curing bronchial and nasal blockages. This helps to improve respiratory problems in the body.
Marigold in Ayurveda
Marigold has been used in the field of Ayurveda for centuries. This bright yellow flower has numerous enticing and healing benefits. It can be consumed in the form of an herbal tea, applied as an ointment or even juice. The anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and antiseptic properties of Marigold have made it a favorite with skincare formulators.
In order to maintain a healthy lifestyle, we should invest more time on self-preservation. Usage of natural ingredients in daily life ensures soothing of the body and soul.