Over the years people have become more conscious about leading a healthy lifestyle and taking care of their skin. So when the discussion for perfect health and skin rejuvenation takes place, talk about free radicals is bound to happen. But do you know what they actually mean and how they impact our day to day living? Don't worry, in this blog, we will try to answer these questions and also tell you how you can control them.
Free radicals break bonds….
All living beings are made up of hundreds and millions of atoms which carry an even number of electrons held together like glue. But you know that already, didn’t you? The harmonious relationship between these electrons is called a chemical bond which ensures the solid structure of the atom. They are happy and stable in nature. But, when this peaceful bond breaks it makes the atoms highly volatile in nature. That is called a free radical.
What leads to their formation inside the body?
Excessive exposure to UV rays, consumption of alcohol, unhealthy eating habits, and increased stress levels are some of the reasons for the creation of free radicals inside the body. Furthermore, living in polluted environments, continuous smoking and lack of sleep and exercise are also great contributing factors.
How do they affect overall health?
Free radicals try to steal electrons from their neighboring stable atoms to balance out their uneven chemical equation. But, this action leads to an endless spree of cellular damage inside the body called oxidative stress. Your body may encounter a number of health problems due to this reaction such as:
- Premature aging (i.e. formation of fine lines and wrinkles)
- Pigmentation and discoloration of the skin
- Inflammatory problems- There might be swelling of organs and damage to healthy tissues inside the body.
- Other health issues- It can also spring up other diseases such as organ cancers, diabetes, high blood pressure, varicose veins, arthritis and Alzheimer’s.
Is there a solution to free radicals?
We already know if free radicals form inside the body it’s not a pleasant scene at all. So, wouldn’t it be better if we knew how to prevent them? Well, the answer is antioxidants. They only spread love (and an electron) and don’t want anything in return. Let’s put it this way, they satisfy free radicals by giving away electrons, but during this process, they don't become free radicals themselves and balance out an otherwise destructive situation inside the body. That is why they are considered the best line of defense against the damage caused by them. Antioxidants are of many types such as Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin A, Carotenoids, Glutathione, and Flavonoids. You can increase the level of antioxidants inside your body by keeping a watch on your diet and avoiding excessive sun exposure and smoking.
But, when it comes to skincare, Vitamins A, C and E are your best friends and our Skincare solutions are packed with these natural elements. We are a one-stop solution to all your skin problems. Whether its nourishment, refinement, reduction in the appearance of wrinkles or dullness of skin. You name it and we deliver. Here’s what we recommend from our collection of high-grade botanicals:
- Moisturizing Lip balm- The lips require protection from those harmful UV rays and the best way to offer protection is through a hydrating lip balm. The presence of Vitamins C, K, E and B1 will make your lips soft and luscious to the core.
- Eternal Youth Rejuvenating Serum- This antioxidant wonder can become your well-kept secret for a velvety, youthful and radiant skin.
- Herbal face wash- We know you get tired after a hectic day and might find it super hard to remove every bit of makeup. But rest assured, with our facewash as it effectively breaks down makeup debris and restores the pH balance of your skin.
- Eternal Youth Phytonutrient Moisturiser: if you witness premature aging and dry skin caused due to sun damage, then you will get great relief through our Phytonutrient moisturizer. Red raspberry and pomegranate seed extracts are just a few of the finest ingredients it is made out of.