Dry lips are such a discomfort! Nobody likes their lips to be dry and chapped. But fear not because proper lip care for dry lips is here to save your day! There are many products in the market that claim to be the best products for lip care. However, the best products for lips are formulated from the heart of nature.
Follow a lip care routine for dry lips with the effectiveness of nature-based best products for lip lightening. Let's satisfy your quest to learn how to care for dry lips and reveal the best organic lip care products.
The Science Behind Dry Lips
Lips are susceptible to dryness because, unlike the rest of our skin, they lack sebaceous glands that create natural oils. Dehydration of the lips is a result of this fact. Common causes of chapped and dry lips include exposure to hot weather, low humidity, over-licking, and a lack of hydration. These factors can rob the lips of their natural moisture. It is essential to understand the science behind chapped lips to design a lip care routine for dry lips.
Step-by-Step Lip Care Routine for Dry Lips
Nurturing dry lips requires a comprehensive routine. Take care of your lips by following the best lip care routine given below. We ensure that your lips are well-hydrated and protected.
Alt text: perfect skin and lips
Step 1: Cleansing
Lip cleansing can be done using a mild face wash or a lip scrub (use a baby’s soft toothbrush). Your lips will feel fresh after this step.
Step 2: Exfoliating
You can even use a mild AHA BHA PHA exfoliating cleanser, the same one you use for your skin. This step ensures the removal of dead skin cells from your chapped lips. Do this once or twice a week. This step makes lips smoother for moisturiser or makeup application.
Step 3: Moisturising
Use a high-quality, organic lip balm with natural plant-based ingredients. The lip balm will seal moisture to keep your lips soft and supple. It is an effective way to prevent dryness and chapping.
Step 4: Lip Mask Application (optional)
Go in for a hydrating, nutrient-rich lip balm. Use a lip mask to restore fullness and fight dryness while locking extra moisture. It works great as a plumper on top of lipstick and as an effective primer underneath.
Step 5: Protection
Use a lip balm with natural SPF during the day to protect your lips from the sun's damaging UV radiation. Dry lips and early lip ageing are two effects of UV exposure.
DIY Vegan Lip Care Recipes
The vegan lip care recipes keep your lips nurtured and hydrated while being respectful to animals and the environment. In addition to promoting cruelty-free practices and environmental sustainability, using vegan ingredients has natural, skin-friendly advantages.
You can try these two vegan lip care recipes:
1. Vegan Sugar Lip Scrub
- In a small bowl, add brown sugar, coconut oil, and agave nectar (or maple syrup).
- Add a few drops of essential oil for aroma (optional).
- Apply the scrub to your lips gently, rubbing for about a minute in a circular motion to exfoliate.
- Dry off after rinsing with warm water.
2. Homemade Vegan Lip Balm
- Melt the coconut oil, shea butter, and candelilla wax in a microwave completely for 20 seconds at a time (or use a double boiler).
- Add a few drops of the essential oil for aroma (optional).
- Fill empty lip balm tubes or lip balm containers with the mixture.
- Allow it to firm and chill for a few hours.
- Apply the fresh, gentle, vegan-friendly lip balm to your chapped lips.
Lifestyle Tips for Healthy Lips
Do not forget to treat your chapped lips internally. Incorporate these lifestyle changes to beautify your lip health and appearance.
- Water is Key: Staying well-hydrated. To avoid dehydration, sip lots of water throughout the day.
- Balanced Nutrition: The health of the lips is supported by a diet high in vitamins and nutrients such as vitamin E, C, and omega-3 fatty acids. Include things like greens, dry fruits, and fruits in your diet.
- Sun Protection: To protect your lips from UV rays and lower your risk of sunburn and early ageing, use lip balm with SPF.
- Avoid Licking Lips: Dryness and oil loss might result from frequent lip-licking. Break the habit of moisturising and maintaining lovely lips.
- Use Humidifier: Add moisture to the air in dry areas or throughout the winter to benefit your lips.
- Quit Smoking: Quitting smoking improves your lip's appearance by preventing dryness and discolouration.
- Gentle Exfoliation: Only once or twice a week. Do not irritate your lips with regular exfoliation.
Daughter Earth Lip Products: Your Lip's Best Friends
The 'Antioxidant lip balm' of Daughter Earth, which locks in moisture and protects against damaging factors, is the secret hero of lip care. Your lips are sealed and hydrated while being shielded from damaging UV radiation and free radicals in the environment. It helps with pigmentation on and around the lips, as well as lip suppleness. It has zero beeswax and is entirely vegan. It is certified by the Ministry of AYUSH (Ayurveda) and is GMP-certified, too.
The ‘Dreamy Lip Mask’ with Vitamin E and Huang Qi is another excellent product suitable for a lip care routine for dry lips. With the help of Coenzymes, which are rich in antioxidants, this potent lip mask helps to reveal lips that are plumper, fuller, and more supple-looking. So, no more chapped lips, as Daughter Earth has got you covered! Go vegan and cruelty-free.