Choose eye serums or creams formulated for specific eye area grades to address aging signs and maintain hydration. But before that, explore the reasons and best remedies for under-eye wrinkles and other signs of aging.
The Delicate Skin Beneath Your Eye
The delicate and thin under-eye skin makes it more prone to forming creases or wrinkles. The presence of oil glands beneath the skin ensures its maintenance of elasticity and moisture. But the skin under and around our eyes has very sparse oil glands, which results in lesser hydration and more susceptibility to fine lines. Therefore, signs of aging manifest earlier in this zone. But the good news is— here are many remedies for wrinkles under-eyes that can combat the problem
to a great extent.
Reasons for Under-Eye Wrinkles
The two main reasons responsible for undereye wrinkles include
1. Sun ExposureOn Sun exposure, UV rays damage our youthful skin by disrupting collagen and elastin fibers,
causing decreased firmness and elasticity, leading to fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging.
Tip: Use UV-protective eyewear and broad-spectrum sunscreen with a mild formula and an
SPF of 35 to protect the delicate, thin skin around the eyes from sun damage.
2. Collagen and Hyaluronic Acid LossWith age, a decrease in collagen and hyaluronic acid production occurs. This, in turn, reduces the firmness, structure, and hydration of your skin and increases the likelihood of wrinkles and fine lines around the eyes. As the eye area is very delicate, it is affected the most.
Tip: Use skin care products that encourage the creation of collagen, hyaluronic acid-infused stuff, and regular use to preserve the skin's youth and resiliency to fight under-eye wrinkles.
3. Lifestyle and Habits
Unhealthy lifestyle habits can develop under-eye wrinkles. These include:● Inadequate sleep leads to untimely breakdown of collagen (the skin component that keeps it firm, bouncy, and smooth) as the skin gets deprived of the essential repair time which is acquired when you sleep well (at least 8 hours).
● Smoking reduces blood flow, causing premature skin aging due to a lack of oxygen and nutrients.
● Poor diet practice restricts the skin from naturally combating aging due to a lack of essential nutrients, such as antioxidants and vitamins.
● Stress, due to modern life, can adversely affect the under-eye skin’s appearance.
Fact: The release of cortisol (stress hormone) is a result of continued stress. Its presence in the bloodstream reduces the formation of collagen production, thus compromising skin repair. Moreover, the development of wrinkles, puffiness, dark circles, and fine lines is influenced by repeated facial expressions due to stress.
Effective Remedies for Under-Eye WrinklesThere are many remedies devised for treating under eye aging problems. Let us discuss the most effective ones in terms of their quick action and long-lasting abilities.
1. Hydration and MoisturizationFor the under-eye area, a daily moisturizer is necessary to smooth out fine lines, provide deep hydration without hurting the delicate skin there, and treat wrinkles. Proper moisturizing of the area with suitable moisturizing agents keeps the skin moist, increasing skin plumpness and lessening wrinkles. Such topical applications are good for restoring moisture to the under-eye area for a smoother, younger-looking appearance.
2. Eye Creams and SerumsEye serums are specially designed, lightweight skincare products particularly for use around the eye area. Certain under-eye skin issues like dark circles, crow’s feet, or puffiness are countered through these serums as they penetrate deep into the delicate skin and show visible outcomes. Eye creams have a thicker texture. They help soften the under eye skin through emollients for a smoother skin texture. Unlike creams, serums are typically water- or gel-based formulas that
absorb quickly, providing hydration without a heavy or greasy feel.
How Do Under Eye Serums Work?With their lighter texture and smaller molecules, under-eye serums can offer concentrated active ingredients to tackle under-eye wrinkles and skin texture issues by penetrating deep into the skin layers. The delicate, thin skin around the eyes readily takes in the powerful ingredients, accelerating and improving results.
These serums target the underlying causes of wrinkles and enhance skin texture, leading to obvious improvements. Some active key ingredients found within effective under-eye serums include retinol, peptides, antioxidants, ceramides, amino acids, probiotics, hyaluronic acid, and others. While essential for hydration and protection, regular moisturizers might not have the same targeted potency as serums.
Tip: To decide if an under-eye serum or a regular moisturizer is more appropriate, consider your specific needs and concerns while choosing products for your skincare routine.
Tips for Using Under Eye SerumsThe application technique of using an under-eye serum to reduce eye area wrinkles consists of
the following easy steps:● Cleanse your face and under-eye area and pat dry the skin gently.
● Use a pea-sized drop of the product (under-eye serum) to apply.
● Use your ring finger to gently apply the product from the inner corner of the eye along the orbits towards the outer corner.
● The application must be in a light tapping motion.
● Continue this gentle tapping until the skin absorbs the serum. This can be one of the best remedies for under-eye dark circles too.
Tip: Do not unnecessarily rub, pull or tug on the delicate area to avoid more damage and wrinkle formation. The ring finger usage ensures the least pressure on the thin skin.
Embrace Consistency & Glow With Daughter EarthConsistency is the key to dealing with under-eye serum use. Changes do not happen in a day. The healing and smoothening of your under-eye wrinkles takes time. It is important to regularly use the product to observe the effective results.
Daughter Earth comes with a unique product: Triphala Apple Stem Cells Under Eye Serum, packed with a unique combination of very effective ingredients. This under-eye serum combines Triphala with apple stem cell technology and probiotics to form a nutrient-rich formula. The lightweight and powerful formula of the serum nourishes the delicate under-eye area with superfruits, antioxidants, peptides, ceramides, and amino acids. Last but not least, create smoother, more youthful-looking under-eye skin and strive to keep a healthy lifestyle to achieve the youthful appearance you desire!